Monday, August 13, 2012

Colorado

Our Colorado trip was probably one of the craziest weekends I have had in a long time!

We started out on a Thursday when we left Des Moines with our friends Ryan, Andrea, and Andy. The car ride was quite adventuress. Our friends soon found out about my fear of riding in cars as soon as we took off and what felt like a tornado was happening. Driving down I-80 pitch black in the rain and lightening storm was quite terrifying. My nerves were calmed by Ryan's sarcasm and our car ride sing alongs to ghetto old school rap! We arrived in Colorado to stay the night in a hotel next to a prison, this created some great commentary from everyone. We awoke and headed to Idaho Springs! This was one of my favorite parts of the trip! This little town reminded me of the town from cars, Radiator springs! It was a cute little old mining town. We ate and went white water rafting, our tour guide was from Michigan and knew some of my friends, so that was fun to chat about while we were dodging rapids! Really there were only two rapids that frightened me but lucky me I have a strong husband that knows his wife really well and made sure I didn't fall out of the boat!

We drove to our huggggge house that held all thirty of us to eat and get about three hours of sleep! We woke up and went to hike a mountain at one in the morning. Nick and I loveee sleep which made this decision to get up at 1:00AM really hard! We are super thankful we did, there is something really unifying about hiking up a 14,000 foot mountain with some of your closet friends. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done. You literally cant breath at the altitude your at. We lost a few on the way up the mountain, some people got sick from the altitude sickness, and mostly your muscles get so tired from lack of oxygen. It was the weirdest feeling of getting your breath back, walking three steps and being out of breath again. I thought I lost Nick a few times along the way but ultimately it was so fun to do as a group together. Next time I am going to train for it!

We went back to the house and slept for around four hours, woke up and went to Longmont to go SKYDIVING! This was soooooo fun and I think everyone in their lifetime should try it once. Nicks uncle is one of the crazy guys that jumps into the Broncos stadium at every game and his full time job is jumping out of airplanes. He is CRAZY! There was five of us that went to Longmont to jump, Krystina, Stephen, Lindsay, Nick and I! Here are pictures.........




















After our Saturday festivities, we slept and woke up Sunday morning to leave! Such a fun weekend with fun people! Thanks to Kate Altmaier for planning the shenanigans!! Also I stole some pictures from Jill...Thanks Jillski!!:-)

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl!!! Looks like you had a blast!! Its so good you guys do such fun stuff together, keep it up for years to come and you will stay best friends :) Love ya -Amy XX00

    ReplyDelete