Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Wonderful Life

Thursday Novemeber 17th Nick and I had went to dinner and he kept asking me if I could meet him for lunch the next day, I wasnt sure why because I am a nanny and I have never had a lunch break. I have also never missed a day of work working for the family I work for. Then Nick dropped the ball, he said "She is going to kill me, but Chelsea will be here tomorrow at noon!!" I could have jumped through the roof, I was thrilled. He couldnt pick her up because he had a work meeting and didnt want her to sit at the airport for two hours until he could pick her up. Everett the two year old I nanny for went to pick her up and we spent the day together. After work Chelsea and I went to the womans coffee house at my church. It was so good to get together with 500+ woman and hear their stories of struggles and victories. I really identified with every women who spoke. Their was one woman who spoke, who was so encouraging to me. Struggles with something I struggle with daily, Anxiety. I also loved being their with Chelsea because she was able to see all of my closest friends. The rest of the weekend was filled with dinner at Olympic Flame, games and ice cream at Java Joes, and a visit to a creamy in Parrie. I had worked until seven on Sunday, so Chelsea and my wonderful husband made me dinner. Tuesday Chelsea, Nick and I were headed to Michigan for a ten hour drive. We made it to Iowa City and we got a flatt tire. We then ended up staying in the ghetto of Chicago, in a hotel. We all ended up leaving with bites all over us so we think we had gotten bit by bed bugs, yes it was ghetto! Good thing I was with Nick and Chelsea the funniest people I know and it was quit commical. We made it home safely the next day and I was thrilled to visit with family especially my Grandma who had been in the hospital for two weeks and had given us a scare with her stroke, it was so nice to be able to hug her. Friday I had a date with the kids and their Aunt Leone, Angel and baby Saydee at chucky cheese. Saturday I went and had a massage with my sister and mom than had a day at grandmas with Amy, Aunt Deb, Aunt Sharon, Anna, Mom and Sister. Nick was able to go watch football with my dad at Ford Field and had a mans night! Sunday I was able to go to my friend Jessicas baby shower for her new baby Hugo, he was adorable. Then Nick and I headed back home Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment