Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Christmas

I am only two months late...


She is just priceless!! 

Christmas was a really great two weeks for Nick and I! We started it out with a Christmas night with the family I nanny for. Tuesday December 20th was my last day working for a two week vacation. Nick came over after work and Ting had a Thai dinner for us and we distributed gifts! Austin the seven year old even spent his own money on a horse book for me and a Iowa shirt for Nick. (Sweet boy)

That Wednesday, and Thursday Nick had to work so Nyador and I were able to spend a lot of time together. We had such a great two days, we woke up and chilled around the house, went shopping for last minute gifts and worked on her school projects. We then took her to HuHot my favorite restaurant and had such a fun dinner.

Friday night we had Nicks family over for a low key Christmas. his aunt, uncle, little cousin, our little brother from BBBS, Nyador and his mom and step dad. We had pizza, played games and did presents! It was so nice for no one to cook and just actually get to hang out and spend time together.

Saturday we left and headed for Michigan, we made it in time for Uncle John and Aunt Maries house. Sunday we had dinner at my Uncle Toms, stopped by my Grandmas, then made it to my sisters inlaws to play games with them.

Monday we woke up and went to Christmas at my sisters for breakfast to open gifts with my dad and the kids. This has been what we have done for the past 7 years however Josh preached on Sunday and they had to be up and at it early so we switched it to Monday! This was so fun because I got to give my sister a pinterest project I made! It was also sweet to finally have Nick join us for our ritual family Christmas!!

The week home was so relaxing and nice for Nick to get to be around my family more. We woke up and had coffee with my mom every morning, met my dad for dinner most nights and had a date with Jen and Josh to Greek town and made countless trips to animal shelters with Chelsea to pet all the puppies!

Friday we had Christmas at my Grandmas and Grandpas house with my moms side of the family! With a surprise visit from my cousin Adams family! Always nice to just relax and get spoiled at Grandmas house! I am so thankful for this Christmas to be able to have it with my Grandma after her stroke in December!

Saturday, New years day Nick and I headed back to Iowa and had such a fun night together! We went to a hotel in Chicago, ate some good Greek Food and sat in the hot tub and pool then watched the ball drop together! I loved kissing my husband when the ball dropped (first New Years married)!

Highlight from the week was my Christmas present from Nick, a wedding band!! :-)


I just loved this time home!

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment